Paying your bills
We understand that this can be a financially uncertain time for many people. If your circumstances have changed and you need assistance paying your bills, there are options available to you.
Customers can access our Energy Assistance Program .
- Request a short or long term payment arrangement based on what you can afford by accessing our Energy Assistance Program .
Request a payment extension for one billing cycle (a single payment extension is allowed in 12 months.
- For customers on a monthly billing cycle - you may be allowed to have at maximum extension of 2 weeks
- For customers on a quarterly billing cycle - it may be as long as 11 weeks
Find out the energy rebates and concessions that you may be eligible for.
If you are looking at ways to reduce energy consumption, take a look at our energy saving tips
There are also Australian Government financial assistance options available for customers impacted by COVID-19.
If you or someone in your household uses Life Support Equipment, it is important that you let us know right away (if you have not already) by call Dodo at 13 36 36.
Yes, further assistance can be offered by one of our Energy Assistance team Specialists. The payment assistance advice summary has further information.
For more detailed information about what help is available for you, please contact Dodo on 1300 374 757 (Monday- Friday, 8am – 7pm AEST) or you may also check the website below for more details:
NSW: Energy Accounts Payments Assistance (EAPA)
QLD: Home Energy Emergency Assistance Scheme (HEEAS)
To be eligible for our Energy Assistance Program for residential customers, you must meet all the following requirements: -
- Be an existing, active Dodo Power and Gas residential customer
- Use energy in a home that is the primary domestic residence but may include other account types as well (for example, domestic farms with water pump accounts)
- Inability to pay (in part or whole) the bill, arrears or ongoing bills Have an inability to pay some or all the bill, arrears, or ongoing bills; and
- Be a participant in the Energy Assistance Program and manage their arrears or usage levels
- Non-residential customers may be considered for inclusion in the Energy Assistance Program and will be reviewed on a case by case basis.
When entering the Energy Assistance Program, we will attempt to develop an open and meaningful dialogue, addressing any concerns a customer may have about any existing arrears with us, possible disconnection and the ongoing management of their payments. Should we identify that you are ineligible to assistance through this policy during the assessment, we will contact you to discuss this and provide written confirmation the reason this was decided.
You may also check link below for more details: The Dodo Energy Assistance Program
Contact Dodo Power and Gas customer service and request to be assessed for our hardship program. The Dodo Energy Assistance Program outlines the detail.
No, there will be no retailer scheduled interruption/disconnection but compliance to the arrangement set up with the Energy Assistance Program Specialist should be assured.
Dodo National Hardship Policy and Energy Assistance Policy –