At first glance the Galaxy S3 appears quite large but its lightweight plastic construction combined with a thin form factor makes it feel smaller than it actually is – feeling right at home in a trouser pocket.
The device is packed with an extensive list of features including a bright 4.8-inch HD display, quad-core 1.4 GHz processor, 1GB of RAM, 16GB of internal storage, a microSD slot supporting cards up to 64GB, NFC chip for wireless payments and an 8 megapixel camera. The camera also supports 1080p HD video recording that aspiring YouTube publishers will no doubt be happy about.
Apart from the usual features you’d expect from a high end device Samsung has included some very innovative features including S Voice for intelligent voice recognition, Social tag for automatically tagging friends in photos, and Smart stay – a feature that prevents the phone from going into sleep mode as you’re looking at the screen.
For those in the market for a new phone this is definitely one worth considering. The Galaxy S3 is available from Dodo for $25 per month on a $29.90 mobile plan over 24 months (min. cost $1317.60). The handset is also available for purchase outright and unlocked. Visit Dodo.com for the latest pricing.
- OS: Android 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich with TouchWiz UI
- Screen type: 4.8-inch Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen
- Screen resolution: 1280 x 760 pixels
- Processor: Quad-core 1.4GHz Cortex-A9
- RAM: 1GB
- Internal memory: 16GB
- Expandable memory: microSD support up to 64GB
- Camera: 8.0 megapixel rear with auto focus and LED flash, 1.9 megapixel front
- Location services: A-GPS, GLONASS, digital compass
- Sensors: NFC support, accelerometer, gyroscope, RGB, proximity, barometer, light
– WiFi (802.11 b/g/n)
– Bluetooth 4.0 with A2DP, EDR
– microUSB 2.0, USB OTG
– 3.5mm audio jack
– GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz
– HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 MHz
- Dimensions: 136.6 x 70.6 x 8.6mm
- Weight: 133 grams
- Battery: Li-Ion 2100mAh
- Available colours: Pebble blue / marble white